After setting new records this year in the veterans age category for Western province, Nedbank running club green dream team runner Lindikhaya Mthangayi shows no slowing down into the festive season.
Over the weekend in Cape Town, Mthangayi took another overall victory in the Mitchells Plain Titans AC Half Marathon in a quick 1:06:53. “This is just part of my build-up for my plans of next year so its nice to also earn some extra bonus from training at a race,” laughed Mthangayi afterwards.
In Olympic News, Nedbank running club green dream team members Phillimon Mathiba and Sibusisio Nzima have been named by Athletics South Africa in the Olympic Games preparation squad in the men’s marathon. They join fellow teammate Gerda Steyn who is in the preparation squad in the women’s side, already running an automatic qualifier from her 2:27 at the recent New York Marathon.
Special mention also goes out to club administrator Adriaan Cronje who ran a podium spot when he finished 2nd in the Voortrekker Momument ‘The Tougher’ Half Marathon.
Hope Challenge and Abstinence Half Marathon & 10 km (4th)
1. Mholi Jali Nedbank AC 1:10:07
1. Zama Mokoena Nedbank AC 1:35:18
Mitchells Plain Titans AC Half Marathon & 10 km
1. Lindikhaya Mthangayi (Ned) 1:06:53 (1st vet)
3. Mthandazo Qhina (Ned) 1:08:42
1. Lindikhaya Mthangayi (Ned) 1:06:53
2. Mthandazo Qhina (Ned) 1:08:42
3. Vakalisa Kopolo (Ned) 1:14:10
1. Andrew Cooper (Ned) 1:19:30
3. Lorenzo Lucas (Ned) 1:30:22
3. Jeanetta Kohler (Ned) 1:27:51 (1st vet)
1. Jeanetta Kohler (Ned) 1:27:51
1. Olga Howard (Ned) 47:11
3. Charmaine Cupido (Ned) 52:35.
Voortrekker Monument “The Tougher One” Half Marathon & 10 km (2nd)
2 Adriaan Cronje (Nedbank) 92:33
1 Raoul Mabirimisa (Nedbank) 33:27
Josiah Gumede Marathon, Half Marathon & 10 km
3. Fikile Mbuthuma Nedbank AC 89:36