There are just over 4000 entries still available for next year’s Comrades Marathon. With over 20,000 entries already taken up in just 4 days, Comrades Marathon Association Race Director, Rowyn James has made a last minute plea to all aspirant runners to urgently get their entry in or face the prospect of not being part of the 48th Comrades Up Run.
The #Comrades2019 entry process was due to close on 10 December 2018 but will be shut down as soon as the cap of 25,000 entries has been reached, most probably in the next day or two.
James says, “At this rate, we can see that all entries will be taken up before this week is over. Those athletes who are intent on running next year’s 94th edition of The Ultimate Human Race need to get their entries in quickly.”
Entry fees for the 2019 Comrades Marathon are as follows:
• South African : R 600.00
• Foreign Athletes – Africa/ SADC countries : R1500.00
• Foreign Athletes – International : R3800.00
Runners can enter as follows:
• online via the Comrades Marathon website or app: www.comrades.com;
• by posting their completed entry form with proof of payment to the CMA Office: P.O. Box 100621, Scottsville, 3209;
• by handing in their completed entry form together with payment at Comrades House, 18 Connaught Road, Scottsville,
Under the campaign banner of Sizonqoba – Together We Triumph, the 2019 Comrades Marathon will be an Up Run on Sunday, 9 June 2019. The race starts at the Durban City Hall at 05h30 and ends 12 hours later at the Scottsville Race Course, covering a distance of approximately 87km. This will be the 48th Up Run in Comrades history and the 94th edition of the world famous ultra-marathon.
For qualifying criteria and other details, please visit www.comrades.com