Nedbank Running Cape Town
The Nedbank Social Run/Walk group has regular runs (Monday and Wednesday evenings) starting from outside the Clocktower building entrance at 16h45
- 5km walk (led by Maude Munroe – tel (021) 416 6280)
- 5km; 8km or 10km run (led by Lynette Voigt – tel (021) 416 6343)
- 5km run/walk (led by Graham Botha – tel (021) 416 6382)
The running group are starting to prepare for the Two Oceans 21,1km and anyone interested in attempting this (or the 10km or 5km fun runs) should join the group asap and follow the training programme.
We are trying to encourage more NEDBANK athletes to join the training sessions at Bellville high on Thursdays at 17:30. Danie Nienaber has been running these for many years and NEDBANK supports him. I am planning to be there every Thursday to help him. The training is not strenuous and caters for runners at ALL levels. The idea is to make your body used to running a few seconds per km faster than what you usually do.
NO COST / NO PRESSURE See you there! Robbie Lindsay 082 202 3593.
Club fees for 2016
|All Nedbank staff will receive a R50-00 discount on above mentioned membership fees
- Track practice at Bellville High on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 17:15 including some hill sessions behind the Engen Garage in Carl Cronje Avenue (across the street from the Velodrome).
- We have bi-weekly 5km Time Trials – one the second Thursday of the month and the second one the last Thursday of the month (together with MOTM). Please refer to monthly programs as there can be minor changes.
- The club has an 8km Time Trial on the middle Wednesday of the month – hosted by Atlantic Athletic Club. It starts all year round at 18:00 across the street from Newport Deli in Sea Point. At 19:15 members meet at the Burger King in Heerengracht street and every month at least 2 members win a FREE Meal worth R50 each.
- We have at least one club run per month starting at the Amphitheatre in the V & A Waterfront, running past the Table Bay Hotel and out and back to Camps Bay. There is a static water point is at 5.5km next to the Tidal pool. Please note that the starting times vary and also the duration. Refer to monthly programs which will be confirmed per SMS & email.
Western Province 2016 fixtures list
||082 202 3593
||Alex de Abreu
||072 264 7457
||083 629 8018
||082 901 2247
||083 414 9730
||Bellville High School, Old Paarl Road, Bellville