With the new year now in swing, Nedbank running club wishes all our members a happy new year and a year full of personal bests!
On the racing front, not many provinces have started with their racing calendar with most races starting from this weekend. In the Cape however, race action has kicked off and the Nedbank running club members have been in action.
Continuing on his form from last year, Mthandazo Qhina who forms part of our Green Dream Team already has 2 podium placings as a veteran in both the Stragglers 15km where he ran a fast 48:13 and the Growthpoint Sundowner 10km where he ran 33:16. “The races were fine as I now have started the program for the Two Oceans 56km,” Qhina said. With multiple gold medals in the Two oceans, Qhina shows no sign of slowing down.
Stragglers Beachcomber 15 km
1. Mthandazo Qhina (Ned) 48:13
3. Lorenzo Lucas (Ned) 62:49
3. Henry Cleophas (Ned) 76:44
2. Ursula Frans (Ned) 65:03
aQuellé Runners’ Memorial 8 km
4. Sharon Sunderland Nedbank RC 35:15
FinGlobal Onrus 10 km
5. Sharon Sunderland (1st vet) (Nedbank RC) 44:05
Growthpoint Properties Sundowner 10 km
1. Mthandazo Qhina (Nedbank RC) 33:16
2. Vakalisa Kopolo (Nedbank RC) 33:42;
3. Sharon Sunderland (Nedbank RC) 43:17
1. Olga Howard (Nedbank RC) 44:42